Trichomonas Amplified DNA Probe TVAT
|Method(s)||Amplified DNA Probe|
1. Aptima Unisex Collector: use for endocervical specimens. Refer to specimen collection instructions in links below.
2. Aptima Multitest Collector: use for vaginal specimens. Refer to specimen collection instructions in links below.
3. Urine Specimens: A first void specimen of 20-50 mL, not midstream should be collected in a sterile container. No cleansing wipes should be used. For best stabilty and to reduce issues of leaking, the urine can be transferred into a XPERT Urine Collection tube. Refer to specimen collection instructions in links below.
Refrigerated (2-8ºC) or Ambient (20-25ºC)
1. The performance of the CT, NG, or TV molecular assays have not been evaluated in patients less than 14 years of age.
2. Only a first void urine specimen should be submitted.
3. Aptima Unisex Collection Kit: The swab with the white shaft is for removing mucus from the cervical area only and the swab with the blue shaft is for specimen collection and testing. A collector tube with the white shaft will be rejected.
4. Always use the swab(s) that come with the kit. A collector tube with other swabs will be rejected.
1. Aptima Unisex Collector: 2-30ºC 60 days (Frozen -20 to -70ºC 12 months) 2. Aptima Multitest Collector: 2-30ºC 60 days (Frozen -20 to -70ºC 12 months) 3. Urine specimen: a) in sterile cup: 24 hours at ambient (20-25ºC), 8 days refrigerated (2-8ºC) b) XPERT urine collection kit: 3 days ambient (20-25ºC), 45 days refrigerated (2-8ºC)
1. Collectors other than the ones noted above or with swabs other than specified with the collection kits.
2. Aptima collectors submitted with the swab with the white shaft.
|Preferred Specimen Collection Device(s)|
Negative for Trichomonas vaginalis by Amplified DNA Probe.