Anatomic Pathology Services for Crouse Hospital
Surgical Pathology, Cytopathology, Autopsy Pathology, and Clinical Consulting Services
Pathology Associates of Syracuse, P.C. is an independent pathology practice that serves Crouse Hospital and its physicians by providing diagnostic surgical pathology, autopsy pathology, cytology services and clinical pathology consultative services for both inpatient and outpatient specimens. A wide variety of specialty procedures are available including: frozen section examination of surgical specimens; lymph node protocols, including flow cytometry; bone marrow interpretation; immediate reads for adequacy on cytopathology aspirates; and a variety of immunocytochemical and molecular oncology and infectious disease studies.
All pathologists are board-certified and offer expertise in the areas of tumor pathology, gynecologic pathology, hematopathology, cytopathology, and general surgical pathology.
Rachel C. Elder, MD is the director of the laboratory.
- Surgical pathology reports may be obtained by calling 315-470-7396 during the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Cytology reports may be obtained by calling 315-410-7210 during the hours of 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Cytology or surgical pathology reports may be obtained by calling Customer Service at 315-461-3008 during the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 10:30 p.m., Monday through Friday or 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturdays.
- Reports may be autofaxed from our laboratory information system on request.
- In addition, pathology reports are available on the Crouse Hospital SMS information system and the Crouse Care Xpress System, as well as interface options for outpatient specimens.
- Special requests for frozen section examination of specimens can be made by calling 315-470-7396.
- Autopsy arrangements are typically made through the hospital and the admitting department. For any special requests, please call the department at 315-470-7396.
Arrangements for special procedures not included in this manual may be made by calling the department at 315-470-7396. For additional information on outpatient pathology services through Pathology Associates of Syracuse, P.C. please call the practice administrator at 315-470-7344.